Hey Buckeye fans, join in the LIVE chat starting today at 3:15PM, brought to you by FoxSportsOhio and BlockONation!
Ohio State—Iowa History Lesson
• This will be the 63rd meeting between Ohio State and Iowa.
• Ohio State leads the all-time series 45-14-3.
• Ohio State has won 11 of the last 12 meetings vs. the Hawkeyes.
• Ohio State is 16-3-1 in the last 20 meetings vs. the Hawkeyes (1984-2009).
• Ohio State is 12-2-1 in the last 15 meetings in Iowa City (1968-2006).
• Ohio State's defense has allowed just one 100-yard rusher in their last 33 games.
• Ohio State ranks 1st nationally in turnover margin with 26 takeaways (+14).
• Ohio State is 20-2 in their last 22 Big 10 road games.
• Ohio State is 14-1 in November games since Oct., 2005.
• Ohio State is 7-2 in Big 10 road finales under Jim Tressel.
• Ohio State is 27-4 in November games under Jim Tressel.
• Jim Tressel is 4-1 overall vs. Iowa (2001-2009).
• Terrelle Pryor is now 28-4 as Ohio State's starting quarterback.
• Iowa is 1-6 vs. Ohio State under Kirk Ferentz (1999-2009).
• Iowa is 16-4 in their last 20 home finales.
• Iowa has won or shared 11 Big Ten titles, their last being a co-championship in 2004.
• The last time Iowa finished ranked ahead of Ohio State in the final AP poll was 2004 (Iowa No. 8, OSU No. 20).
Brief Game Outlook
In 2009, Northwestern derailed previously undefeated Iowa's dream season the week before the Hawkeyes played the Buckeyes.
Last week, the Wildcats upset Iowa again to drop the Hawkeyes to a disappointing 7-3 mark.
QB Ricky Stanzi missed the 2009 game with an ankle injury, but he will play today. The Buckeyes have the best defense in the conference meaning Stanzi might just wish he would have missed this game too.
The key to the game for the Buckeyes will be the offensive line. They must continue to play well and protect Terrelle Pryor when he drops back to pass and open up the running lanes for Dan Herron and company.
Iowa has a talented receiving corp led by Derrell Johnson-Koulianos and Marvin McNutt and the Buckeyes will have to focus on containing both receivers and look to force Stanzi into mistakes.
This game once looked like it would be a matchup of two top 10 teams who would both be playing for a chance at the conference title and a trip to the Rose Bowl. Now it appears more likely that if the Buckeyes come in focused and play well, the game may not be close.
Final Score Prediction
Ohio State 41