I have been super-busy this week at home and in the Pharmacy, but fear-not my loyal BlockONation posse', for here is this weeks feature (well, part of it anyway).
The rest should be finished sometime Friday evening/night.
I at least wanted to post the History and Trends ASAP as I know many of my blog and Twitter followers look forward to that section immensely!
Chew on this for now gang -- the rest will be updated with links posted on Twitter and Facebook tonight when it's 100% done -- thanks!
OSU/Ill—A Few Opening Thoughts...
Gameplan: You play, to win, the game...
Brief Game Outlook / Players of Note
Three yards and a cloud of dust.
O-line, Boom Herron, Jordan Hall
Ohio State—Illinois History Lesson And Trends
• Ohio State last lost to Illinois in Champaign in 1991.
• Ohio State is 114-64-8 all-time in October road games.
• Ohio State is 34-17 vs. opponents ranked in the top 25 since 2001.
• Ohio State is 0-2 in the Big Ten for just the second time since 1993.
• Ohio State is 62-30-4 overall vs. Illinois and 33-12 all-time in Champaign.
• Ohio State defense has held opponent to fewer than 10 points 30 times since 2006.
• Ohio State defense has allowed just seven 100-yard rushers in their last 40 games.
• Ohio State has held 65 of 79 opponents to 21 points or less since the start of the 2005 season.
• Ohio State has won 5 of the last 6 overall meetings, and has won 8 games in a row on the road vs. Illinois.
• Since 1990, the visiting team is 14-5 in the OSU-ILL series.
• Illinois is just 1-5 against Ohio State under coach Ron Zook.
•.Illinois is 18-32 vs. Big Ten opponents since 2005 under Zook.
• Illinois has 1,357 rushing yards through 6 games while holding opponents to just 478 yards rushing.
• Illinois, is 9-4-1 vs. Ohio State and have won the last 5 meetings against OSU when ranked in the AP top 25.
• Illinois is 6-0 for the first time since 1951, when it finished 9-0-1 to earn a share of the national championship.
• Illinois has won 7 games in row dating back to 2010, their longest winning streak since the 2001 season -- The last time an Illinois team won 8 games in a row was 1983.
Final Thoughts and Score Prediction
Low scoring, defensive battle was expected, and that's exactly what happened.
Pre-game prediction would have been:
Ohio State 23
For the record, BlockONation guaranteed an Ohio State win over Illinois via Twitter at 11:13AM Saturday morning -- more than 4 hours before the game...
"To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when no one else will" - Sugar Ray Robinson