This week, No. 8 Ohio State (6-0, 2-0) heads to Bloomington to take on the Indiana Hoosiers (2-3, 0-2) in a Leaders Division matchup.
BTN - 8PM
Ohio State—Indiana History Lesson And Trends
• Ohio State is 68-12-5 all-time vs. Indiana.
• Ohio State has won 17 straight games against Indiana.
• Ohio State is 24-2-1 all-time in Bloomington vs. Indiana.
• Ohio State is 2nd in the Big Ten with 16 quarterback sacks.
• Urban Meyer coached teams are 67-14 when ranked in the Top 25.
• The last time Ohio State or Indiana won by less than 10 points was 1993.
• Ohio State is one of only 16 unbeaten FBS teams and one of only four at 6-0.
• Ohio State's defense has only allowed 11 100-yard rushers in their last 55 games.
• Ohio State's defense has held opponents to 10 points or less 37 times since 2006.
• Ohio State has held 71 opponents to 21 points or less since the start of the 2005 season.
• Indiana is 39-85 overall since 2002.
• Indiana last defeated Ohio State in 1988.
• Indiana has lost 22 of its last 23 Big Ten conference games.
Final Thoughts and Score Prediction
The Hoosiers surprisingly played very well last week at home vs. Michigan State, but the Spartans rallied from a 10-point, 3rd quarter deficit for a 31-27 win.
The fact that Ohio State and Michigan State battled to a 17-16 Buckeye win gives me reason to ever-so-briefly suspect that Indiana could play the Buckeyes similarly.
The series history, however, carries far more weight with me than the transitive property—and let's face it, Indiana is the worst team in the Big Ten by far. One could even make a case for Indiana and a MAC team like the Ohio Bobcats to swap conference allegiances.
The last time the teams played in Bloomington, Memorial Stadium looked like The Horseshoe, West, overrun with Buckeye fans. The "home" crowd will once again come away pleased with a Buckeye victory.
Ohio State 45
"To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when no one else will" - Sugar Ray Robinson